Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wellness Log - Thursday

Exercise: None

Food:
Breakfast – bowl of Cheerios, V8 Fusion Juice
Lunch - tuna sandwich, baby carrots, raisins, glass of milk
Dinner - cup of sirloin burger with country vegetables soup, steamed mixed vegetables (broccoli florets, julienne carrots, red and yellow sweet bell peppers), pineapple slices, glass of milk
Snacks – black chai tea, glass of Diet Coke

Challenges:
15 Fruits and Vegetables – carrots, raisins, broccoli, sweet bell peppers (red and yellow), pineapple

Other:
The Green Giant Immunity Blend of mixed vegetables in a garlic-herb infused extra virgin olive oil seasoning is quite good. My only complaint with these mixes is that, so far, the sauce/seasoning always seems to clump to one or two unsuspecting veggies, and when those are crunched into, they are excessively seasoned.

It was a tough day at home – without much to keep me busy – to not snack on something. I managed it, but it wasn’t far from my mind. I also realized that I hadn’t had a dessert since the contest started over a week and a half ago. That’s not normally my style. I need to look up some healthy – low calorie – desserts. I suppose there is always Jell-O, which I do have stocked in the pantry.

No comments: