Sunday, January 11, 2009

Progress Report II - Jan. 11

Weight: 232 lbs
Loss/Gain: - 4.8 lbs.

62 lbs. to Goal (170 lbs.)

Exercise Hours: 0

January Wellness Challenge progress: applesauce (apples), peaches, pears, bananas, carrots, broccoli, lettuce (Romaine and iceberg), zucchini, green beans, peas.
10 of 15.

It was a tough week finding time to get out and exercise. My goal for this coming week is to make the time for exercise. As busy as I am, there are things like an extra hour of sleep, or a TV show or four on the weekend, I can forego for exercise. I did find that sticking to the diet was pretty easy. It was the portion control that probably helped me the most with my weight loss this week.

4 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

A rough week. I strained my back early in the week leaving me unable to work out. I'm hoping to start up again tomorrow.

Week 1
Starting weight: 220lbs
Ending weight: 218lbs
Exercise: 75 min

It's about what I expect re: weight loss. My diet was derailed on the weekend with food from the Wig and Pen and Gumbys; good for the spirit, albeit bad for the diet. I'm really trying to focus on the idea that the goal is 50lbs for the year. Besides most early weight loss is water weight not fat.

Escape Pirate said...

I'm focused on the big picture weight loss goal more than my week to week progress as well.

Still, everyone lost weight this week, so something is working for us.

This weekend I'll work on creating a chart or something to show the points we earn throughout the competition.

Sorry to hear about your back. Hope it gets better soon.

ComputerChick said...

Your list is missing corn. Try the new single servings found in the freezer section. Also, mandarin oranges are great on a salad. (Romaine lettuce, carrots, oranges, walnuts, grilled chicken and lite raspberry vinigarette ~sp? dressing)

Escape Pirate said...

My list is missing many fruits and vegetables. I figured I'd start the first week eating the fruits and vegetables I normally eat and see where that got me. (2/3rds to the goal is where.)

Because of that, I'm not so worried about making the goal, but I am going to keep trying to sample things I normally pass over.