Friday, January 2, 2009

How About Some Competition?

Here's what I've come up with to motivate myself (and others) to reach my (our) goals:

A contest to earn a $50 gift certificate to Amazon.com (unless others want to contribute a little something toward the final amount, thus making the contest even more impressive).

Each participant will earn points throughout the year by exercising, losing weight, and completing monthly wellness challenges. The person with the most points on December 31, 2009, wins.

Each Sunday I will make a post of my progress, and ALL competitors must post their results in the comments section to earn their points for the week.

1 point for each hour of exercise
100 points for reaching goal weight (% of 100 points to be awarded based on individual weight loss goals)
1-5 points for monthly wellness topic challenges
1-5 points for random challenges made by competitors

The contest will start Monday, January 5th, and run through Wednesday, December 30th. If you wish to participate, you must reply in the comments section with your current weight, your goal weight, and your pledge that you will be truthful in reporting your progress.

4 comments:

Escape Pirate said...

Starting Weight: 236.8
Goal Weight: 170
I pledge to be honest in recording my progress.

Midnight Sprinter said...

Starting Weight: 220
Goal Weight: 177lbs
I pledge that it is on like Donkey Kong er... that I'll be honest in recording my progress.

Oh and I will throw in $50 too.

Steve Shaver said...

I have to check the blog more often. I'm participating.
Starting weight:238
Goal Weight: 190

I also will add $50 to the pot.

Escape Pirate said...

This is fantastic. I wish I knew more people who checked my blogs often and were interested in losing weight so we could get a real HUGE contest going.