Friday, January 2, 2009

January - Fruit & Vegetable Month


Even though June is the official Fruit and Vegetable Month, I've decided to make it the first of 12 monthly wellness topics. I have done a terrible job getting the proper amount of fruits and vegetables into my diet. So, I've decided the first step in my year of loss and health will be some fruit and vegetable appreciation.

According to the little calculator on fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov, I need to consume 3 servings of vegetable and 2 servings of fruits each day. I can do this. The problem is I only enjoy a few different fruits and vegetables. Okay, so I haven't tried a lot of the different options available to me...maybe that's a place to start.

1 comment:

ComputerChick said...

A fun way to get in some fruit ... take a small dish of all natural applesauce (no sugar added) and sprinkle with cinamon. Heat in microwave. Tastes like the inside of apple pie. Top with granola for some crunch.