Monday, March 9, 2009

What's My Deal?!

The whole idea of training for this half-marathon has completely killed my once healthy - mostly healthy - obsession with going to the gym. Last week I suffered unplanned bouts of rest, and tonight isn't looking like a promising start to this week.

It would be a simple run tonight. 3 miles at an easy pace (they suggest a pace of 5 mph - which is about 1.5 mph slower than the paces I've been running). Why am I dragging my feet?

And not helping matters: I ate a huge - for me, recently - snack after supper. I had two single-serve bags of popcorn and half a Hershey's bar. 485 calories of snack I didn't need, but ate simply because I was sitting in front of the television.

It is not too late to go to the gym. The short story review can be done afterward, and bed can still be found in the 11's.

Go boy. GO!

1 comment:

Escape Pirate said...

Boy no go. Boy is bad, bad. Hanging head in shame.