Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Is There Such a Thing as a Relaxed Workout?

You can tell you've been pushing it to the max when a 48-minute workout of weights and biking feels like a breeze.

I did my weights tonight and a relaxed bike ride at an average of 80 rpms (~12-13 mph) and I feel refreshed, almost too relaxed for coming from the gym. It's what I needed, though. Tomorrow night is a run - the fastest of my five runs at this distance (6.6 mph for 2.5 mi) - and maybe a second workout 4 hours later after a midnight showing of Watchmen. We'll see. If that is the case, I'm going to need the easy night I put in tonight, plus some extra energy in the form of FOOD to keep me going.

1 comment:

Escape Pirate said...

Maybe I became too relaxed. I slept through my workout plans last night. That's two days this week with no workout. At least the weekend it coming up and there can be no excuses on the weekend.