Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wonderful Night for a Walk

Tonight’s walk was an amazing thing. I wasn’t entirely sure I even wanted to head out for the walk after a later night of work, but I did decide to do so, and it was so the right decision.

There are some workouts where you feel “in the zone.” Where everything is ideal, perfect and pleasurable. The temperature was in the mid-30’s – just warm enough to not feel cold on your cheeks or chin – and the wind was nowhere to be found. My blisters were still sore, but manageable. The legs felt great, and the lungs were pumping away without strain. There was such a bounce in my step I had to hold myself back from jogging, all-out running.

This – this walk, this workout – makes the blisters and the pains of beginning an exercise program worth every miserable second.

No comments: