Sunday, February 8, 2009

Progress Report VI - Feb. 8

Weight: 215.8 lbs.
Loss/Gain: -2.4 lbs.

45.8 lbs. to Goal (170 lbs.)

Exercise Hours: ~4 hours 43 minutes (biking: 1 hour 38 minutes; walking: 3 hours 5 minutes)

February Wellness Challenge progress: 9.3 + 7.2 + 11.4 + 9.5 + 7.8 + 10.4 + 9.4
65 of 224 cups.

This was my first full week of exercise. It actually went very well. I worked through my injury of blisters and was still able to make it out every day. It does take up a bit more of my already limited time, but I know it’s what I need, thus it is easily justified. I was worried throughout the week that the exercise wouldn’t have any impact on my weight loss – and it was unfounded worry. However, I still find it unusual that I lost less weight in a week where I worked out multiple hours, diet remaining the same. Not going to question the results; I’ll chalk it up to the mysteries of the body.

Did better with the dining out this week. Went out once for work (Quizno’s – I love the Roadhouse Steak Sammies) and then twice this weekend with The Girl. That’s quite acceptable. Only, now I have a ton of left over pizza (which is a lot like dining out – the food is the same – but I’ll make sure to supplement it with fruits and vegetables and exercise).

The water challenge is going well. With the exception of a couple days being just under the 8-cup goal, I am still meeting the goal of an average of 56 cups for the week. It’s a bit more difficult to drink the required amount of water than I anticipated, which tells me I definitely wasn’t meeting my hydration requirements previously.

No comments: