Sunday, February 1, 2009

End of Challenge - January

For the 5 points, you must have eaten at least 15 different fruits and vegetables before yesterday, January 31. These must have been mouthfuls of fruits and vegetables, not just a nibble of apricot, or single pea in a bowl of soup.

I managed to eat the following 17 fruits and vegetables this month: applesauce (apples), peaches, pears, bananas, carrots, broccoli, lettuce (Romaine and iceberg), zucchini, green beans, peas and pea pods and sugar snap peas, potatoes, bell peppers (red and yellow), pineapple, strawberries, mango, black beans, edamame.

I could have eaten a larger variety, but even I was impressed to find that I enjoyed some vegetables and fruits I’d never before tried (zucchini, snap peas, mango, and endamame). Make sure that you don’t forget to continue consuming fruits and vegetables; they are an integral part of living a balanced, healthy life.

Share your list of fruits and vegetables conquered throughout the month in the comments section of this post to earn your points.

2 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

Drumroll please...

Apple, spinach, banana, carrot, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, green peppers, red onion, broccoli, red cabbage, red peppers, snap peas, bean sprouts, avocado, pineapple, papaya, raisins, dates, mangoes, cauliflower, banana peppers, jalapeƱo peppers, pinto beans, peas, and black beans.

If my basic math is right, that is 26.

Escape Pirate said...

That's pretty impressive. I'm sure I could have done more if I'd have eaten out, or been even more adventurous. Still, kudos to you.