Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dreaded Weights

I started lifting weights tonight. And I am dead. My arms a like noodles - completely worthless and flailing around. And when they aren't just hanging lifelessly at my sides, they hurt.

These first few weeks of lifting weights are always the worst. It's a matter of finding the correct weights and then building up a tolerance to the activity. It probably doesn't help that I also threw in some biking and walking. My "easy" night of working out turned out to be almost as intense as my run last night.

It all goes back to the dangers of the gym, and all it's shiny, sweaty equipment to utilize.

2 comments:

Steve Shaver said...

You missed a toough workout at Kyle's. We did the race simulation DVD. 63 minutes of hell and a total of 21.63 miles.
I'm glad you hurt too.

Escape Pirate said...

Seems like all I've been doing are tough workouts. When I get a spare second, I'm going to post some of my biking results from the past few days. I found a bike at the gym that has a computer simulation of courses - not as cool as Kyle's - and it records all of your information to the web.

My 5 miles of biking yesterday vs. your 21.63...no contest. You are the WINNER.