Saturday, February 21, 2009

Extended Gym

The weekends are going to be nice. They will give me the time to really hammer out a workout at the gym. Today I was there for just over 2 hours of exercise. I started with a run, then did a couple more miles of fitness walking, before jumping on the elliptical trainer for another 20 minutes of work. In between I threw down 3 sets of 15 reps on the seated row weight machine (30 lbs.: I'm not going for bulk - yet - just definition with my endurance muscles).

It was a 1,200+ calorie burning workout, but it did leave me feeling a bit nauseous. I hadn't eaten much since lunch yesterday (which was out at Mimi's Cafe, and was a what I can imagine calorie heavy bowl of seafood fettucini). I did restrain myself to 1 large slice of Felix and Oscar's pizza at bowling last night. What it boils down to is that I was probably under-prepared for such a heavy workout at the gym. I know I'm eating out again tonight, but I'll still make sure I load up on fruits and vegetables and protein at lunch and later this evening, depending on my meal out.

All in all, I'm loving this new me. This fit and healthy me. I'm not there yet, but I'm light years from where I was less than two months ago.

No comments: