Sunday, October 25, 2009

Progress Report XXXV - October 25

Weight: 214.8 lbs.
Loss/Gain: - 5.2 lbs.

44.8 lbs. to Goal (170 lbs.)
15.2 lbs. to New Goal (199 lbs.)

Exercise Hours: 8:00:20.25 hours (walking: 6:28:21.92 hours; running: 1:31:58.33 hours)

Exercise Distance: 37.58 miles (walking: 27.58 miles; running: 10 miles)

There were a couple of days of rest this week that made the remainder of the week a bit more structured and stressful than normal. No matter, I rose to the challenge and banged out three big days of working out, resulting in three straight days of netting a negative number of calories. All of this, I’m sure, helped to create that awesome weight loss I achieved.

I did some calculations (I’ll post more about them later), and then some extrapolation while running, and it is possible - however unlikely – that I could reach my original goal of 170 lbs. by the end of the year if all could stay the same as it is now. It’s impossible – especially with the upcoming winter weather conditions, two big holidays and the food that entails, and an increasingly busy work schedule. Still, it’s cool to think that the possibility exists.

I do have one giant bag of Halloween candy sitting on my kitchen counter, tempting me to tear into it. I won’t; I’ve become disciplined. And I don’t want the guilt of seeing my calorie graph all messed up. But it’s there. Calling…

Oh, and did I mention that I bumped my run today up to 4 miles? It’s been over 2 years since I ran more than 3 miles. It was a big mental block to power through, but I hope since I did it once I can do it again. We’ll see Tuesday, my next day to run.

No comments: