Sunday, October 18, 2009

Calorie Counting

From October 11th to October 18th, for my weight of 224.4 lbs., and attempting to lose 2.7 lbs. during the week, it was suggested that I consume 1,878 calories a day to meet my goal. That would be 13,146 calories for the week.

I ate a total of 9,953 calories during the week (~1,421 calories a day). With exercise, I consumed a net of 4,633 calories during the week (~661 calories a day).

I ended up losing 4.4 lbs.

This week I’m supposed to shoot for 1,837 calories a day. I think I’m going to try and keep it right around the 1,400 calories I consumed last week and see if I see the same results.

What I really want is a heart rate monitor that also tracks the calories burned. I want to wear it throughout the day to get a more accurate count on the calories burned to help plan the calories I can safely still consume and healthily lose the weight I want to lose to reach my goal.

No comments: