Sunday, October 18, 2009

Progress Report XXXIV - October 18

Weight: 220 lbs.
Loss/Gain: - 4.4 lbs.

50 lbs. to Goal (170 lbs.)
21 lbs. to New Goal (199 lbs.)

Exercise Hours: 5:28:57.25 hours (walking: 4:01:52.55 hours; running: 1:27:04.70 hours)

Exercise Distance: 26.34 miles (walking: 17.34 miles; running: 9 miles)

This has been a great week for exercise. I’ve been out everyday (some days more than once), and I’ve lengthened my walks to include another 9-10 minutes. My big concern is that when the weather finally turns bad (i.e. snow and/or ice) and I can no longer walk and run on the roads, I’ll drop back out of the habit. I don’t have the money to afford a monthly gym membership, so I’ll have to get creative.

The diet is going well. I like the up and down of my graph of calories consumed on days I run instead of walking. It makes a neat pattern. I’m still keeping both my total calories consumed and my net calories less than recommended until I can judge just how accurate the program is in predicting my weekly weight loss based solely on my height, weight, daily activity level, and the exercise I put into the program. I’m not starving, but I do get pretty hungry after longer workouts.

I did add another serving of vegetables to the dinners I ate this week. I’m hesitant to add more fruits until I can find some lower calorie fruits I enjoy.

Picked up a couple of treats (Smokin’ Cheddar BBQ Doritos and fun-sized 3 Muskateers bars) at the store – we’ll see how portioning out these impacts the diet. (I did notice that it was more difficult to fit them in today and not exceed my daily calorie goals.)

No comments: