Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Biking - June 24

Another in– it being summer and all – what I’m sure will be a long list of HOT bike rides.

Even though my left knee was in pain and it was the warmest part of the day and I didn’t really feel like riding, I decided to get out on the bike. A quick change of the batteries in my bike speakers fixed my lack of music problem and was probably the deciding factor in me riding today. A quick change and an even quicker charge of the iPod, and I was out the door.

And it couldn’t have been a more AWESOME ride. Aside from the attacking bird, the ride was near perfect. It was hot, sure, and I was sweating, but I was also cruising along very comfortably. It was almost as if I had been out riding every day the past few months. (I have not.) Needless to say, I’m excited about getting back out there soon.
---
Ride Summary: 25.11 miles in 1:31:38 hours, at an average of 16.4 mph; rode the loop from home, north through Grimes, over by Saylorville Lake, south by Camp Dodge to 70th Street and then back west to home, with a loop over by Ry’s along my walking course; HOT – high 80’s – and overcast and humid, with only minimal winds.

No comments: