Saturday, June 13, 2009

Biking in the Rain

Okay, so it wasn’t exactly raining. It was more of a mist, or sprinkles. Still, by the end of the ride we were a mess.

We? I rode with my uncle Steve. He had my RAGBRAI bands and jersey, so we decided to meet for a ride. And let’s face it: we both needed a ride. (We planned for a Tuesday night ride, but were rained out earlier in the week.)

We rode at a good pace for not having been out much (me) and for just having knee surgery (him). The ride out was easier than the ride coming back – uphill and into the wind.

There’s even talk of another ride tomorrow afternoon, weather permitting. I need to be out every day in prep for RAGBRAI. It’s sunny now – I should go out again today…

Ride Summary: 20.85 miles in 1:31:18 hours, at an average of 13.6 mph; rode Altoona to Pleasant Hill with Steve – entire trail and 3 loops around the Copper Creek lake; cool – high 50’s – and misty and messy, with strong wind from the North.

No comments: