Sunday, November 7, 2010

Progress Report XXXXVI - November 7

Last Week's Weight: 225.8 lbs
Current Weight: 220.4 lbs.
Loss/Gain: - 5.4 lbs.
Weekly Percentage of Weight Loss: 2.39%

21.4 lbs. to Year-End Goal (199 lbs.)
51.4 lbs. to Goal (169 lbs.)

Exercise Hours: 4:32:01.7 hours

Exercise Distance: 12 miles

Calories Burned: 2,587

That's frustrating. No, not frustrating...disappointing? I can eat fewer calories, workout more, burn more calories, and still lose less weight? I understand - and so am not really disappointed - that as you lose more weight it becomes harder to lose weight. Still, I like those big numbers and will keep shooting for them. I'll need decent numbers to reach my year-end goal anyway.

It is amazing that I've lost 19 lbs. over the last 3 weeks. That's an average of 6.33 lbs. a week. Not too shabby. It'll be nice to get to my first goal, but the real challenge will be working on those last 30 pounds. I've made it to the point where I'd be ready to tackle those 30 pounds, but then backslid immediately after.

I noticed this week that I had to tighten the belt a little bit to keep the pants from hanging too loose. I was looking at my belt and I noticed the notch I had to add to the end of it when I was down just over 200 lbs. last December. Now I've got something to shoot for again. I'm working toward that notch.

And on a related note, it's a nice feeling having your clothes a little baggy instead of tight and constricting, squeezing the comfort from the day.

On the workout plan I created while standing around at work a few weeks ago I noticed that I'm supposed to start running again this week. I think I'm going to push that back one more week to give myself the chance to build up my total weekly mileage a little more so that the addition of running isn't a doubling of what I'm doing now.

I'm also instituting a (mostly) rest day on Saturdays instead of working out 7 days a week. I work Saturday and more often than not I'm working hard, and I'm exhausted by the time I come home. Pushing carts for hours or moving concrete blocks takes a toll. It does elevate the heart rate, especially at the speed in which I work - always trying to get done as fast as possible. I might still take a leisurely walk or something like that on Saturday, but I'll otherwise take it easy and try recover from the week's workouts.

No comments: