Sunday, October 31, 2010

Progress Report XXXXV - October 31

Last Week's Weight: 232.2 lbs
Current Weight: 225.8 lbs.
Loss/Gain: - 6.4 lbs.
Weekly Percentage of Weight Loss: 2.75%

26.8 lbs. to Year-End Goal (199 lbs.)
56.8 lbs. to Goal (169 lbs.)

Exercise Hours: 3:58:14.1 hours

Exercise Distance: 10 miles

Calories Burned: 2,452

I'd say my second week of weight loss was a success. Adding in the exercise component - keeping the daily caloric intake relatively the same as last week - kept my weekly weight loss number high. 6.4 pounds is still quite impressive.

The exercise activities I began this week were: walking, an ab routine (crunches, inhales, leg lift curls, leg lifts), pushups, weights (arm curls, arm reverse curls), and a stretching routine. I wore my heart rate monitor to measure calories burned.

Thursday night/Friday I was not feeling very well. Feverish with an upset stomach. Couldn't place the cause of my discomfort, but it didn't last much past 24 hours, so I'm thinking it was nothing more than a bug.

I can tell you this: My arms were killing me all week! Jumped into the weights with only arm curls, but I tore my muscles up. Thursday night, in addition to the sickness, my arms hurt so bad I had difficulty falling asleep. 55 reps of 35 pounds (1,925 lbs. of weight being curled) might have been an extreme start. Still, I stuck with it, and my arms, while no longer throbbing extensions of pain, are adapting.

Need to work over the next few weeks on finding some recipes to cook that I can store as leftovers throughout the week so that on nights I work or am rushed for time I have something filling, and healthy to eat.

To reach my year-end goal weight I need to lose an average of 2.96 lbs. per week for the remaining 9 weeks, so I've set my Daily Plate calorie goal at a loss of 3.1 lbs., giving me 1,250 calories a day as my consumption goal.

No comments: