Monday, November 15, 2010

Killing It

I'm going to kill it this week with my workouts.

I started running tonight. I'm easing myself back into the routine. After three weeks of building up to this point by walking, I figured I'd start easy with a mile warmup walk, then two miles running, finishing with a mile walk to cool down.

It went very well. In fact, I felt like I was flying. What a difference 20 lbs. and a month can make. The running was not this easy when I did the same at Run for the Roses back in October. That's not to say it was all peaches. I was still a bit mentally fatigued at the end of my two mile run. It wasn't bad, but there was that creeping voice in the far back of my mind urging me to stop, walk it in. I ran through the voice, but it was there.

I also added 5 more pushups to my set, a set of 12 squats with weight, and a set of 12 lat presses. Needed to do more than just curls.

It has crossed my mind that the weather will not hold out forever. Tonight it was a brisk 40 with minimal wind - tolerable. But the rain and snow and ice will be coming soon enough, and I'll be left without the outdoors to workout in. It's $35 a month to join back up with the 24 hour fitness place near home. Expensive, but necessary. Especially if I plan to continue this weight loss journey through the winter.

I will have to look into rejoining. Can't keep killing it if I have nowhere to run.

No comments: