Thursday, November 25, 2010

Back to the Gym

I went yesterday and renewed my membership (at a significant rate increase and 12 month contract) at the local Anytime Fitness facility.

And it couldn't have been more worth it.

I went late last night for my run and some weights and everything was just as I remembered it. It took some fumbling and an almost dropped iPod before I had everything set just right on the treadmill, but the run itself was great. I was able to push it a bit harder than I probably was doing outside because of the ability to adjust the pace, and stay on pace. I added a little sprint to the end of the workout, the last .25 miles. Overall: fantastic.

In fact, I could have stayed at the gym much longer than I did, getting reacquainted with all the different weight lifting opportunities. Knowing I'd be back in the morning was the only thing (okay, and it was already 11PM) that sent me home.

---

I didn't quite make it back to the gym at the time I wanted (5AM) this morning, so as to beat the crowd, but I was there at a little after 8, back on the treadmill for a couple miles of walking. I did some ab work and stretching after that. I love it. It's freezing cold outside and I'm able to still put in a fantastic workout.

Sure, it's expensive at about $1.37 a day, but there was no way I was going to be able to stay motivated as the layers of clothing needed to battle the cold outside kept adding up.

---

Chances are I'll be back tonight. I think I've got another hour in me. I might as well put in two-a-day workouts while I can on vacation because the time I'll have available when I go back to work Monday will be just as limited as before. If not more as things wind down toward winter break.

No comments: