Tuesday, December 1, 2009

To Build A Better Bicep - December 1

I’ve had a set of the Perfect Pushup disks sitting in my living room – unused – for over 3 months. It was finally time to bust them out and build myself some biceps.

I’m going to follow the plan that came in the box and see what happens after a month of pushups. Now, I’m not going to stop working out (walking, biking, weights, etc.), instead I’m just going to pay more attention to pushups in particular and see what happens.

I did measure my biceps before beginning – unflexed: 12.5 inches; flexed: 13.5 inches – and I will measure again on December 31st. I’m not expecting huge changes (although, how cool would that be?), but I wanted to make a comparison.

Oh, and this pathetic thing:


Unfortunately it’s my arm. Let’s see if I can’t go all Popeye on these bad boys.

1 comment:

Escape Pirate said...

So I got to looking, and guess what? Pushups don't build biceps; they don't even work your biceps.

Pushups mainly build up your chest. Now, I'm not saying I couldn't use a more sculpted chest...

Just so we're clear: I'm still going to do a month of pushups and see what happens, only it's not my biceps I'll be building.

And I'm cool with that. Any exercise is good.