Sunday, December 13, 2009

Progress Report XXXXI - December 13

Weight: 203 lbs.
Loss/Gain: - 4.6 lbs.

33 lbs. to Goal (170 lbs.)
4 lbs. to Year-End Goal (199 lbs.)

Exercise Hours: 47:00 minutes (Perfect Pushups: 11:00 min.; Weightlifting: 11:00 min.; Abs: 19:00 min.; Stretching: 6:00 min.)

Exercise Distance: 0 miles

I was a little concerned about my weight loss this week because I started the week off last Sunday going out to eat. I did my best to make a smart choice (herb grilled chicken breast w/broccoli), but even it was cooked in butter – tasted amazing – and was more calories than I had allotted for the day. To make up for that I was shorting myself 125 calories a day the rest of the week all in hopes of losing the 2.7 lbs. I have The Daily Plate calculating calories for me. It appears I shouldn’t have been worried. The little bit of exercising I’ve been doing, along with sticking to the diet gave me better than expected results.

(It also helps to not have any snack food around the house. Being broke means you only buy what you need to eat.)

My right shoulder is sore. I imagine I’ve pulled a muscle there doing either my pushups or weights. I took some Advil, took it easy on the weights one day with my right arm, but it’s still a dull pain, almost as if the muscle is strained. I don’t want to quit the pushups or the weights, so I guess I’m going to try more Advil and maybe some ice or heat. Still, it’s frustrating. I’ve never had much luck when it comes to upper body work; my body (elbows, shoulders, muscles in general) always seems to crap out on me. And then I give up.

Halfway through the month and things are going well. Now comes the hard part: the holiday. 4 lbs. to go to meet my year-end goal!


Oh, and if you’re curious to see my daily nutrition/exercise progress, check out my page on The Daily Plate.

No comments: