Sunday, November 1, 2009

Progress Report XXXVI - November 1

Weight: 211.2 lbs.
Loss/Gain: - 3.6 lbs.

41.2 lbs. to Goal (170 lbs.)
12.2 lbs. to New Goal (199 lbs.)

Exercise Hours: 7:56:08.25 hours (walking: 6:42:32.20 hours; running: 1:13:36.05 hours)

Exercise Distance: 37.41 miles (walking: 29.41 miles; running: 8 miles)

This was another great week for me with regards to exercise and weight loss. I did have ambitious plans of fitting in 50 miles of exercise distance, but with two days of rest it was impossible to accomplish. Still, I’m pleased with the amount of exercise I did manage. (I had a run Saturday of 4 miles at a pace of 8:44 minute/mile – one of my best runs in the past few years!)

I also managed to meet my calorie goals for the week. Actually, I blew them away. And that might not be a good thing – there is only so much of a calorie deficit a body can handle. I did only manage to lose 3.6 lbs., down quite a bit from last week’s 5.2 lbs., and it’s frustrating because I ate less and worked out about the same, but it’s still a loss, so I can’t complain too much.

November is a new month, so I’m going to try different approaches to the calorie goals and weight loss expectations. Some of this will come with the change in weather and some will come with an increase in workload. My hope is to maintain a large weekly weight loss (at least 2.7 lbs.) while also getting a bit more than 1,400 calories a day.

October was a bang-up month! I ended up losing 21.2 lbs. over the month, for an average weekly weight loss of 4.5 lbs. And check out my graph for calories consumed and netted over the course of October.


Oh, and if you’re curious to see my daily nutrition/exercise progress, check out my page on The Daily Plate.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Great job Pirate! Keep up the great work. The Monkey approves.

Escape Pirate said...

Thanks for the kind words.