Saturday, May 9, 2009

I'm Back - RAGBRAI - Aiming for 500 Miles

The lack of recent posts should have given you some indication of how well things were going in my pursuit of a healthy life. (Hint: not well.) Over the past month – in fact the entire month of April – I’ve gained back 8.4 lbs of the weight I worked so hard losing earlier this year. For the past 5 weeks (and probably this week, too) I’ve gained weight. This is due entirely to a lack of exercise and good portion control.

It all ends now.

I’ll be (essentially) starting over with the entire diet and exercise routine. To make things easier, the month of May will have no theme. It is my goal to find my way back on to the path of healthy living. I’ll return to more regular wellness blogging to help ensure I stay the course.

Upcoming event: RAGBRAI XXXVII – July 19th – 25th (riding bike 442 miles across the state of Iowa)

The time for training is now. The bike will be cleaned, the tires will be aired, and the rides will begin this week. My goal is 500 miles between now and July 19th. The addition of a second (maybe third) job will impact the amount of time I have to ride, but I’ll do my best to hit those 500 miles. It will only make RAGBRAI that much easier if I can squeeze the training in.

No comments: